CANTON, MA (July 2, 2012) – There’s a new way the cookie crumbles for OREO cookie fans at Dunkin’ Donuts® and Baskin-Robbins® this summer. To help OREO celebrate its 100th birthday, Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, and Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, have introduced a sweet collection of OREO inspired treats.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ OREO Inspired Menu Items
Dunkin’ Donuts’ classic Coolatta® beverages and lineup of delicious donuts get the OREO treatment this summer with limited-time menu items:
- OREO Coolatta in Coffee and Vanilla Bean flavors – Smooth Dunkin’ Donuts Frozen Coffee drink and OREO cookie crumbles, topped with whipped cream.
- OREO Donut – A yeast donut, filled with vanilla buttercreme, frosted in white icing and topped with OREO cookie crumble.
- OREO Crumble Donut – A yeast ring donut frosted in white icing and topped with OREO cookie crumble.
Baskin-Robbins’ OREO Inspired Menu Items
Baskin-Robbins is keeping OREO cookie fans cool this summer with frozen treats featuring OREO cookies in its premium hard scoop ice cream, milkshakes, sundaes, custom ice cream cakes and creamy soft serve:
- July Flavor of the Month: OREO® ‘N Chocolate – Made with chocolate ice cream and OREO cookie pieces swirled with a crispy fudge crackle ribbon. OREO ‘N Chocolate ice cream is available by the scoop in a cup or cone, and as a Baskin-Robbins milkshake. Ice cream lovers can also bring the flavor home in fresh-packed pints and quarts to enjoy with family and friends or to create their own specialty ice cream desserts.*
- OREO Ice Cream Cake Bites – OREO Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream over chocolate cake covered with chocolate-flavored coating and finished with a buttercream rosette.
- OREO Cookie Cake – A cake that will please cookie and ice cream lovers alike. OREO cookies circle the top of this delicious cake frosted with vanilla ice cream, drizzled in dark chocolate and decorated with a fudge border.
- OREO ‘N Chocolate Layered Sundae – Hot fudge layered with OREO 'N Chocolate ice cream and chopped OREO cookie pieces, topped with marshmallow, more hot fudge, whipped cream and more chopped OREO cookie pieces.
- OREO 31º Below™ Soft Serve – Asmooth and creamy vanilla soft serve treat with chopped OREO cookie pieces.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ and Baskin-Robbins’ OREO inspired items are available at participating restaurants nationwide for a limited time.
OREO is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, used under license.
Dunkin’ Donuts is also giving people a chance to win great summer prizes and share all their adventurous ways to keep it cool this summer. Dunkin’ Donuts’ OREO Coolatta® 100 Summer Adventures & Sweepstakes on Facebook
offers a chance to win $1,000 toward the summer adventure of your dreams, along with daily prize packs including a $25 Dunkin’ Donuts Card, a Dunkin’ Donuts travel mug and a Dunkin’ Donuts t-shirt. To enter, visit the special Summer Adventures tab at Dunkin’ Donuts’ official Facebook page
, where people can check out a list of 100 summer activities, check off all the adventures they’ve done or are going to do, and share with friends. For full promotion details and requirements, please click the "Official Rules" at the bottom of the Dunkin' Donuts "OREO Coolatta® 100 Summer Adventures & Sweepstakes" Facebook tab.
“Whether you twist, lick or dunk, everyone has their own favorite way to enjoy an OREO cookie. Our partnership with OREO represents a new take on some of America’s favorite iconic sweet treats. With our new OREO Coolatta frozen drinks, OREO 31º Below soft serve, donuts and frozen treats, all featuring OREO cookies, Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins are giving OREO cookie fans a fun new way to enjoy their favorite cookie on the go, any time of day,” said Stan Frankenthaler, Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation at Dunkin’ Brands. “We congratulate OREO on its 100th birthday, and look forward to keeping people running with our new OREO menu items throughout the summer, and helping people celebrate keeping it cool this season with Dunkin’ Donuts’ new Facebook sweepstakes.”
Dunkin' Donuts has led the donut category for more than 60 years, selling approximately 2.1 billion donuts and MUNCHKINS® donut hole treats combined globally per year. The new OREO Coolatta drinks join Dunkin’ Donuts’ lineup of perfect pick-me-up summer beverages, including iced coffee, iced lattes, Frozen Coffee drinks and Coolatta beverages available in a variety of favorite flavors. To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com
or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts
) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts
Baskin-Robbins has added more than 1,000 delicious and fun ice cream flavors to its flavor library in its more than 65 year history. In addition to its range of OREO inspired frozen treats, Baskin-Robbins offers hard scoop ice cream, soft serve, sundaes, frozen beverages and custom ice cream cakes. For more information about Baskin-Robbins’ summer flavors and its July Flavor of the Month, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com
or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins
) or on Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins
*In California, Baskin-Robbins offers fresh-packed ice cream in two sizes: small (12 oz) and regular (1 lb., 8 oz).
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine’s 31st annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium hard scoop ice cream and soft serve, custom ice cream cakes and a full range of beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 6,700 retail shops in nearly 50 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded in 1945 by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. For the full-year 2011, Baskin-Robbins' shops had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $1.8 billion. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For further information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com
About OREO Cookies
OREO is the world’s favorite cookie, enjoyed by families and friends in more than 100 countries around the world. As one of Kraft Foods’ 12 “billion-dollar” brands, OREO is the best-selling biscuit of the 21st century with more than $2 billion in global annual revenues. The OREO cookie twist, lick and dunk ritual has become the signature way to enjoy this iconic cookie for many different cultures around the world. OREO has a Facebook community of more than 26 million OREO lovers around the globe, representing 200+ countries and dozens of different languages. OREO ranks among the top five brand Facebook pages in the world. OREO celebrated its 100th birthday on March 6, 2012.
About Kraft Foods
Kraft Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: KFT) is a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love. Proudly marketing delicious biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, grocery products and convenient meals in approximately 170 countries, Kraft Foods had 2011 revenue of $54.4 billion. Twelve of the company's iconic brands – Cadbury
, Maxwell House
, Oscar Mayer
– generate revenue of more than $1 billion annually. On Aug. 4, 2011, Kraft Foods announced plans to divide and create two independent public companies: a high-growth global snacks business and a high-margin North American grocery business. The transaction is expected to be completed before the end of 2012. A leader in innovation, marketing, health & wellness and sustainability, Kraft Foods is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. Visit kraftfoodscompany.com