When I go to dinner parties, I can’t wait to enjoy the best part of the meal – the dessert of course! I’m always inspired to come up with fun and creative desserts that everyone will love. In honor of National Ice Cream Month, my latest creation was inspired by something I’m sure many of us have experienced whether it was at school, in the workplace, or at a party or picnic. Yes, I’m talking about an ice cream social! While I do love a traditional ice cream social, we’re putting a twist on this to make it bit more “grown up.” We welcome you to attend our grown up ice cream social featuring our very own ice cream coffee floats.
• 1 Keurig® K-Cup® Single Cup Brewer
• Small Ice Cream Scoop
• Small Tasting Glasses
• Serving Bowls
• 2 boxes of your favorite Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup® packs. I used one box of the Dunkin’ Dark® Roast and one box of the Original Blend.
• 2 quarts of your favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavors. I used my two classic favorite flavors, mint chocolate chip and vanilla.
• Topping of your choice. I used mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, cookie crumbs, colored sugar and whipped cream. Here are some other favorite toppings to use –
o Caramel Sauce
o Chocolate Sauce
o Wafer Cookies
1. Brew one Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup® from your choice of Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup® packs with the Keurig® K-Cup® Single Cup Brewer. I recommend selecting the smallest size serving of coffee, which is 4 oz. This will help to keep the coffee concentrated so the flavor really comes through with our ice cream coffee floats!
2. Garnish the rim of the small glasses with decorative sugar by first dipping it into simple syrup, and then the colored sugar. Simple syrup can be made by melting together half sugar and half water.
3. Add 2-3 small scoops of ice cream to the glass. I used Baskin-Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip for this ice cream coffee float.
4. Slowly pour the brewed coffee into the glass and fill up to the sugar rim.
5. Add toppings of your choice – I added whipped cream, chocolate chips and finished it off with a straw.
I decided to experiment with other ice cream flavor and topping combinations and created a few others that you might enjoy.
This ice cream coffee float has vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and cookie crumbles and the rim of the glass is garnished with chocolate sprinkles. Yum!
These ice cream coffee floats are brightened with colorful sugar rimmed glasses, vanilla and mint chocolate chip ice cream, whipped cream and pink and blue nonpareils.