Boo! Halloween is quickly approaching and with it comes the sweetest of treats! By this point you have probably picked out your costume for this spooktacular night, but do you know what you’re making for the Halloween party you’re attending? Don’t be scared, I’m here to help with a recipe that will blow your mummy friends away. Cake pops have become all the rage in the baking world and I just had to get in on the action. There is no simpler way to make a deliciously moist cake pop than with a Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Pie Donut. I am not only going to walk you through how to make these Pumpkin Pie Donut Cake Pops, but also give you some festive ideas on how to decorate them!
• 6 Dunkin’ Donuts’ Pumpkin Pie Donuts
• 2 Bags Orange Coating Chocolate
• 1 Bag of Dark Chocolate or White Coating Chocolate for Decoration
• Sprinkles for Decoration
• Candy Corn for Decoration (optional)
1. Place 6 Dunkin’ Donuts’ Pumpkin Pie Donuts in a food processor and pulse until a paste like texture is reached.
2. Place mixture on a cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour.
3. After freezing, roll mixture into individual balls and place back in the freezer for 5 minutes to ensure that they maintain their shape while dipping.
4. While the mixture is in the freezer for the second time, melt the orange dipping chocolate by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving in 30 second intervals. Make sure to stir in between intervals until a smooth consistency is reached.
5. Take cake pop sticks and dip one end into the melted orange dipping chocolate then into donut ball. Allow to set in the freezer (this step is very important in ensuring the donut ball stays on the stick while dipping).
6. Dip each pop into the orange coating chocolate, rotating to create an even coating. Allow to set standing up right to keep the pops perfectly round.
7. Decorate by using the dark or white chocolate and sprinkles to make your own Jack-o-lanterns, mummies and any other Halloween creature you can think of!