This year for Dunksgiving I decided to bring back a fan favorite: Dark Roast Coffee Marinated Brussels Sprouts! Brussels sprouts have been making a comeback and we’re looking to help this movement by sharing this tasty recipe that utilizes DD Dark Roast coffee, bacon and maple syrup to bring this vegetable dish to the next level. This dish is a little complex and takes some time to make, but we guarantee it’ll be worth the effort and will quickly become a family favorite. Check out the video below where I walk you through the ingredients. Enjoy!
Find the full recipe below and for more Dunksgiving recipes that you can use for your Thanksgiving dinner, visit here!
|Ingredients (serves 6-8 people)
- 1 1/2 lbs. of brussels sprouts
- 1 Tsp. of Dunkin’ Donuts Dark® Roast Coffee Grounds
- 2 Cans of dark beer or stout beer
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Large vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- 3/4 lbs. thick cut bacon, cut into nickel sized pieces
- 1 oz. Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast coffee, brewed
- 1 oz. Maple syrup
- Cut off the brown ends (roots) of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Mix them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast coffee grounds. Let the mixture sit for an hour.
- Put the Brussels sprouts into a 1 gallon plastic ziplock bag and add the dark or stout beer. Place in the refrigerator to marinate. We recommend marinating it overnight (or at least 2 hours).
The next day…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast brewed coffee and maple syrup to a small sauce pan bring to a simmer and reduce down so the liquid thickens and reduces in half. Set it off to the side.
- In a separate skillet, melt the butter at medium heat. Once melted, add diced onion allowing it to cook until golden brown. Then, set it off to the side.
- Line a 12x17 inch baking sheet (make sure the baking sheet is at least 1/2” deep) with aluminum foil or parchment paper, add the pieces of cut bacon to the sheet and spread them out. Using a basting brush, paint the bacon with the Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast and maple syrup mixture.
- Place Bacon in oven and cook until the bacon crisps up. Pull Remove bacon from the oven and place bacon onto separate plate. Keep the baking sheet aside to assemble the dish.
- Remove the Brussel sprouts from the bag and drain all the liquid.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, caramelized onions and bacon to the baking sheet.
- Add the remaining amount of salt and extra virgin olive oil and mix together with a wooden spoon, spreading the ingredients evenly across the baking sheet
- Roast the Brussels sprout mixture for 35-40 minutes, until crisp on the outside. Shake or mix the pan from time-to-time to brown the sprouts evenly. You will want to sprouts to be slightly soft with a little bit of a bite to them “al-dente”. Serve warm