Memorial Day is next weekend and to get in the celebratory mood we’re highlighting three of our favorite grilling dishes from our amazing Dunkin' Donuts culinary team. Whether it’s our BBQ Chicken Bagel Pizza with Original Blend BBQ Sauce, Sweet Tea Glazed Chicken or BBQ Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, your dish will stand out at this year’s Memorial Day cookout and have everyone running on Dunkin’. Oh, and don’t forget to snap a picture of the end result and share it with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- 1 Small Cup of Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Hot Coffee, Black
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- ¾ Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Shallots
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Ground Cumin
- 2 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Sriracha
Stir all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to simmer then reduce the heat to low for about 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 2 Dunkin’ Donuts Bagels (we used Multigrain, Everything and Onion Bagels)
- 1 Grilled Chicken Breast, Diced
- ½ Cup Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend BBQ Sauce
- ½ Cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- Scallions (for garnish)
- Place sliced bagels on flat surface.
- Use the back of a spoon and spread Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend BBQ Sauce onto bagel.
- Spread diced chicken evenly on top of bagel.
- Cover with pepper jack cheese.
- Place on grill over low heat and cover the grill. This will help melt the cheese and toast the bagel.
- Remove from the grill once cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the bagel pizzas with scallions and a drizzle of sauce to garnish.
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut into sections
Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea Brine:
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 3 Slices of Ginger
- 2 TBSP of Kosher Salt
- 2 TSP of Black Peppercorn
- 2 TBSP of Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea (no ice)
Dunkin’ Donuts Sweet Tea Glaze:
- 1 Small Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea (no ice)
- 1 Cup of Peach Juice
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 TBSP Kosher Salt
- 1-2 TBSP Vinegar (Sherry Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar)
Instructions for the Iced Tea Brine:
- In a small sauce pot, on medium low heat, lightly brown ginger and garlic.
- Add spices and salt. Toast for a minute or two.
- Add brown sugar and Dunkin’ Donuts freshly brewed Iced Tea. Heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool before using.
- Place chicken into an airtight container or sealable storage bag.
- Pour the Iced Tea brine over chicken and allow to sit in brine for a minimum of 8 hours (preferably overnight) in the refrigerator.
Instructions for the Sweet Tea Glaze:
- In a small pot, heat the Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea, peach juice and brown sugar together on medium low, allowing the liquid to reduce almost in half.
- Once the liquid has reduced, add salt and vinegar to taste.
- The glaze is now ready to use and then divide the glaze in half. Half will be for glazing the chicken during cooking and the other half is for glazing just before serving.
- When ready to cook, heat grill and remove chicken from the refrigerator.
- Take chicken out of brine, pat dry with a paper towel.
- When grill is ready, place chicken on grill (skin side down) and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the chicken, cook for another 10 minutes, at which time, you can now glaze the chicken sections with the Sweet Tea Glaze.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear and thermometer reads a minimum of 165°F.
- Remove from grill, allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before serving
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Dunkin’ Donuts French Rolls (You can also use Dunkin’ Donuts Croissants or Bagels)
- Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend BBQ Sauce
- Cole Slaw (You can find this at your local grocery store)
1. Heat your grill to medium heat and grill your chicken until it reaches at least 165 degrees.
2. Once the chicken is ready, baste each chicken breast with our Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend BBQ Sauce.
3. Place the sliced Dunkin’ Donuts French Rolls on grill until toasted.
4. Place one chicken breast on each roll and top with cole slaw and pickles.
We recommend pairing any of these dishes with one of our refreshing Coolattas and iced teas. For two ways to incorporate these beverages into your Memorial Day cookout, check out our Raspberry Iced Tea Lemonade and Coolatta Float recipes!
Happy Memorial Day!