You may have noticed our donuts are all dressed up for guests and ghouls alike. We are celebrating Halloween all month long with spooktacular names and designs for your Dunkin’ favorites, plus the creepy crawly new Spider Donut!
Halloween is a big deal here at Dunkin’ – it’s one of our favorite times of the year. We really wanted to have fun and bring the holiday to life in our stores, and what’s more fun than getting on board with the Halloween tradition and dressing up our donuts?
When we were developing the Halloween donuts in the Dunkin’ Test Kitchen, we wanted to incorporate as many classic Halloween colors and themes as possible. So naturally we were drawn to deep orange, purple and chocolate colors. From there we tried all of the different flavor and color combinations we could to make the spookiest designs, and then had a lot of fun coming up with frighteningly festive Halloween-inspired names.
One of our new Halloween favorites is the Spider Donut, a classic donut frosted with orange icing with a sweet eight-legged donut creature on top, made from a glazed chocolate MUNCHKINS® donut hole treat with chocolate drizzle for the spider legs and orange drizzle for the eyes. Plus, we gave the Dunkin’ Dozen donuts new Halloween-inspired names and deigns, including:
- Boston Scream: A spirited variation of Dunkin’s classic Boston Kreme Donut featuring an orange drizzle
- Scary Strawberry: A frightful version of a Strawberry Frosted Donut, with chocolate and orange sprinkles
- Spooky Sprinkles: An eerie take on the Chocolate Frosted Donut, topped with chocolate and orange sprinkles
- Purple Potion: Be sweet on Halloween spells with this Vanilla Frosted Donut featuring purple icing, topped with chocolate and orange sprinkles
- Full Moon: You’ll howl for this Powdered Donut with orange-colored powdered sugar
- Witch’s Brew-Berry: Our Glazed Blueberry Donut bewitched with a drizzle of purple icing
- Nilla Nightmare: A Vanilla Creme Donut with orange-colored powdered sugar will haunt your dreams
- Ghoulish Glazed: A monster-turned Glazed Donut
- Vampire’s Delight: A spooktacular Jelly Donut
- Wicked Chocolate: Something delicious this way comes with this Glazed Chocolate Donut
- Owl Fashioned: An Old Fashioned Donut for a midnight treat
- Choc-O-Lantern: The Double Chocolate Donut can be enjoyed while celebrating Halloween or carving a jack-o’-lantern
How did these new Halloween donuts come to life? Check out this behind-the-scenes video in our Dunkin’ Test Kitchen from our partner, INSIDER.
Many of Dunkin’s MUNCHKINS® are also dressed up for Halloween season, including Jelly MUNCHKINS® “Vampire Bites,” “Full Moon MUNCHKINS®” featuring orange-colored powdered sugar, and more. Plus, you can purchase any 10 MUNCHKINS® for the special price of $1.99 and get them in our fun new 10 count MUNCHKINS® box throughout this month.
All Halloween donuts and offers are available for a limited time at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants. Be sure to stop in your local Dunkin’ this month and celebrate Halloween with us!
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.