If you’re looking to make a special dinner for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, we have two wonDDerful recipes for an entrée and dessert that focus on two key ingredients: coffee and chocolate! For these recipes, you will need your Keurig® K-Cup® brewing system and a few varieties of Dunkin’ K-Cup® packs. If your Valentine is a coffee lover, then our recipe for coffee glazed chicken served with roasted root vegetables in a coffee glaze is sure to be a hit. It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without indulging in chocolate, so we created a recipe for a warm and delicious chocolate lava cake. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Coffee Glazed Chicken
• 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
• 1 Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend K-Cup® pack
• 3/4 Cup Honey
• 1 TBSP Olive Oil
• 1 TSP Salt
• 1/2 TSP Pepper
• 1/4 TSP Cayenne Pepper (more or less to taste)
• 1/4 TSP Garlic Powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brew 6 oz. of coffee from one Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Coffee K-Cup® pack with your Keurig® K-Cup® brewing system.
3. In a small sauce pan combine honey and brewed Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and reduce until there is about a half cup of liquid remaining. This will take about 30 minutes on medium-high heat.
4. Place the chicken in a bowl with the olive oil and spices and combine until the chicken is well-coated.
5. Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Brush glaze onto chicken and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. This should take about 20 minutes.
7. Serve alongside coffee maple glazed root vegetables and a small salad.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Coffee Glaze
• 4 Carrots, Peeled and Chopped
• 2 Sweet Potatoes, Diced
• 2 Parsnips, Peeled and Chopped
• 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
• 1 Dunkin’ Donuts Dark® Roast K-Cup® pack
• 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
• Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and dice the root vegetables and place in a bowl with oil, salt and pepper and stir to coat.
3. Pour vegetables onto a greased baking sheet and roast until the centers are soft and the exterior starts to turn a golden brown. This will take about 30 minutes.
4. Brew 6 oz. of coffee from one Dunkin’ Donuts Dark® Roast Coffee K-Cup® pack with your Keurig® K-Cup® brewing system.
5. In a small sauce pan, combine brewed Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and maple syrup and cook on medium heat until thick and syrupy. This should take about 30 minutes.
6. After the vegetables are finished baking, pour the pumpkin coffee glaze over the vegetables and stir to coat them.
7. Serve alongside coffee glazed chicken and enjoy!
Chocolate Lava Cake
• 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
• 1 Dunkin’ Donuts Decaf Coffee K-Cup® pack
• 1 Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Cocoa K-Cup® pack
• 4 Cups Chocolate Chips
• Icing and Sprinkles (optional for decorating)
1. Brew 8 oz. of coffee from one Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Cocoa K-Cup® pack with your Keurig® K-Cup® brewing system.
2. Combine the brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Cocoa K-Cup® pack and chocolate chips and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
3. Refrigerate overnight to solidify.
4. Scoop into small truffles (this will be the “lava” in your cake) and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Make cake mix according to package instructions, replacing water with 8 oz. of coffee brewed from one Dunkin’ Donuts Decaf Coffee K-Cup® pack brewed using your Keurig® K-Cup® brewing system.
7. Grease a muffin tin and scoop batter into muffin tin, filling each cup half way.
8. Bake for 7 minutes and then remove from the oven and place a truffle in the center of each cake.
9. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
11. Warm for 10 seconds in the microwave before serving.
12. Decorate with frosting and sprinkles.
13. Serve and enjoy!