Happy Valentine's Day from the Dunkin' Donuts Culinary Team! We have been working in our test kitchen to create a recipe that captures love, warmth, and the delicious flavor of dark chocolate mocha. We are now proud to share our recipe for Dark Chocolate Mocha Stuffed French Toast! This breakfast treat is the perfect way to start your Valentine's Day. The not-so-secret ingredient? A Dunkin' Donuts Dark Chocolate Mocha Latte! We think you and your sweetheart will love it a "latte."
Dark Chocolate Mocha Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: Four
- Small Dunkin' Donuts Dark Chocolate Mocha Hot Latte
- 2 Eggs
- 1 French Loaf
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 2 oz Maple Syrup
- 3 oz Heavy Cream
- 4 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 4 oz Butter
1. Prepare the ricotta filling by blending half of the Dunkin’ Donuts Latte with the ricotta. Reserve the other half of the Latte for the mocha sauce, and reserve the ricotta mixture in the refrigerator for later use.
2. Slice the French loaf on a diagonal cut. Slice 12 half-inch pieces.
3. Mix the water and the cornstarch to make a slurry. What is a slurry? It's a chef-y term for a thickener made of cold liquid being mix with cornstarch until smooth and glossy. Slowly bring the other half of the Latte up to a simmer and whisk in the slurry. Once thickened, add the maple syrup and remove from heat.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs and heavy cream; soak the bread in the egg batter.
5. Heat a skillet on medium heat and place the butter in the pan. When the pan is sizzling, add the bread and cook until golden brown. Place the pieces aside to assemble the stuffed French toast.
6. Spread the ricotta stuffing on the top of one of the pieces of bread. Alternate with bread and ricotta filling, forming a three-tier structure.
Spread a generous amount of ricotta filling on the plate. Place the French toast on top and finish with the Latte sauce and fun Valentine's-themed decorations. We couldn't resist using our heart-shaped sprinkles. Voila!