Did you know you can take Dunkin’ Donuts’ pumpkin latte and pumpkin muffin, add a few ingredients, and whip up a delicious breakfast dish at home? Developed by Dunkin’ Brands’ Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation, Stan Frankenthaler, read more about how you can make the crowDD-pleasing Turkey Sausage & Pumpkin Gravy Breakfast!
Featuring the hearty, yet comforting fall flavors of pumpkin and turkey sausage, this dish is both sweet and savory. The sweetess and hint of pumpkin spice from Dunkin’ Donuts’ pumpkin muffin and latte are complimented by the savory hints of turkey sausage, onion, thyme, and chives. The finishing touch? A gorgeous sunny side egg on top.
Turkey Sausage & Pumpkin Gravy Breakfast
- 1 Pound, Uncooked, Turkey Sausage
- 1 Cup Onions, Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- ½ Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Medium (16 oz) Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Latte
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Muffins (slice into thirds)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Large Eggs
- Fresh Chives, Chopped
- In a skillet, cook and brown the turkey sausage over medium heat. As it cooks break the sausage into small pieces using the back of your spoon.
- Once cooked, remove sausage from pan and save on a plate. Drain and discard the rendered fat.
- Return pan back to stove top, add the butter.
- Add onions to the pan, cook until tender and brown.
- Once the onions are brown, add flour and stir gently to incorporate, allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the pumpkin latte, and continue to stir until all the flour has been dissolved into the latte. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Return the cooked turkey sausage to the pan, add thyme and allow the gravy to reduce slightly on low-medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Muffin & Eggs
- Slice each pumpkin muffin into thirds.
- Using a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, add the 2 Tablespoons of butter. Griddle each muffin slice until golden brown, then remove from pan and save on a plate.
- Add each egg to the pan and cook to desired cooking temp (we recommend: sunny side egg).
- Place two slices of the pumpkin muffin down on the plate, one slightly overlapping the other.
- Spoon some of the turkey sausage gravy over the muffin.
- Top off with fried egg.
- Sprinkle on some fresh chives for garnish.
So, the next time you’re in Dunkin’ Donuts, simply pick up an extra medium pumpkin latte and four pumpkin muffins and make this easy breakfast/weekend brunch recipe. In addition to being a delicious dish, there’s something special about watching your breakfast companions make that “ceremonial” first cut into the sunny side egg on top.
What do you think of this recipe? Is there a dish that you'd like for our culinary dream team to create a cooking with Dunkin’ recipe for? Leave a comment on our Facebook Wall and let us know!