Hello fellow Hash Brown lovers! My name is Molly DeHahn, and I am a Research and Development Technologist for Dunkin’ Brands. I write to you from the Dunkin’ Donuts Test Kitchen, where I cook up creative recipes for our guests. As a proud Hash Brown enthusiast, I knew that I wanted to find an extra tasty way to celebrate National Tater Day on March 31. In honor of this spud-tacular holiday, I am kicking off a four-part recipe series (exclusively for the Dunkin’ Donuts Blog) on Hash Brown appetizers.
These miniature open-faced sandwiches make a delightful party appetizer. I am always getting appetizer inspiration from browsing Pinterest. I love dreaming up new ways to combine classic ingredients!
The Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Brown makes the perfect foundation for this two-bite appetizer recipe. One of my favorite professional chefs, Susan Gross from West Town Tavern in Chicago, once referred to hash browns as the “culinary little black dress.” The top-secret blend of herbs and spices in Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns serves as a delicious complement to a variety of food flavors.
I am introducing the Classic Nacho Two-Bite Appetizer as the first official recipe of the Hash Brown series. This tiny treat is sure to spice up any fiesta!
- 1 order DD Hash Browns (9 pieces)
- 3 cheddar cheese slices
- ½ avocado mashed or pureed
- 9 jalapeño slices
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 9 olive slices
- sour cream
1. Purchase one order of Hash Browns from Dunkin’ Donuts. You can easily re-crisp the Hash Browns at home by popping them in the oven.
2. Use a plastic piping bag to swirl pureed avocado onto the Hash Browns.
3. Build your nacho: layer Hash Browns with one sliced cherry tomato each, followed by a cheddar cheese slice, a jalapeño, and an olive.
4. Finish the hashbrowns with a swirl of sour cream.
5. Arrange on a party-ready plate and enjoy!
While many guests order Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns as a side to their favorite bakery sandwich, I am always excited to give Hash Browns their own spotlight! Make sure to be on the lookout for three more Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Brown DIY recipes. How do you get creative with Hash Browns? Tell us on Facebook or Twitter!