It’s the finale of our three-part recipe series and that means it’s all about the dessert! Leading up to this holiday, we’ve presented you with a variety of recipes to complete your Thanksgiving meal. In Part 1, we introduced our recipes for our Spiced Orange Spritzer and Cranberry Brie Hash Brown Canapés. In Part 2, it was all about the turkey and putting a Dunkin’ spin on the classic side dishes like stuffing and vegetables. For dessert, we have two delicious and quick recipes using Dunkin’ Donuts’ Coffee Cake Muffins and Old Fashioned Donuts. We hope you enjoy all of our recipes and have a very Dunkin’ Thanksgiving!
Old Fashioned Donut Bread Pudding Muffins
• 6 Dunkin’ Donuts Old Fashioned Donuts
• 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
• 1 ½ Cups Whole Milk
• 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
• 1/2 TSP Salt
• 3 Egg Yolks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut donuts into quarter-inch pieces and place in a medium sized bowl with dried cranberries.
3. In a medium sized pot pour the milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Temper egg yolks and milk mixture together, stirring constantly.
5. Pour mixture over the donut pieces and let soak for 15 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into a pre-lined muffin tin and bake for about 18 minutes.
7. Drizzle with cream cheese frosting and serve with whipped cream.
Cream Cheese Drizzle
• 4 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
• 4 oz. Butter (softened)
• 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
• 3 TBSP Milk
1. Combine butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) and beat until smooth.
2. Add milk and powdered sugar and beat until combined.
3. Drizzle on Old Fashioned Donut Bread Pudding Muffins and enjoy!
Coffee Cake Muffin Ice Cream Napoleon
• 6 Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Cake Muffins
• 2 half-gallons of Vanilla Ice Cream (we love using Baskin-Robbins Vanilla ice cream)
• 2 Cans Dulce de leche
• Whipped Cream and Cinnamon (optional)
1. Crumble Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Cake Muffins.
2. Transfer softened vanilla ice cream to a plastic piping bag.
3. Transfer Dulce de leche to a plastic piping bag.
4. Spray a small bowl with non-stick spray, lightly.
5. Layer crumbled muffins, Dulce de leche and ice cream in the bowl. Alternate until you fill the bowl.
6. Freeze solid overnight.
7. Place the dish in a pan of hot water and loosen with a butter knife.
8. Turn over onto a plate.
9. Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream as desired.
Also, if you love cooking and baking, be sure to enter our #DDTopChef Recipe Contest! From now through Monday, December 2, we’re asking DD fans to create a homemade recipe with at least one Dunkin’ Donuts menu item that can be made in 30 minutes or less. The #DDTopChef Recipe Contest is being hosted across Dunkin’ Donuts’ Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest social media channels. In addition to having a chance to win sweet prizes, we’re also offering our six finalists an unexpected perk. Each of our six finalists will have the opportunity to have their recipe made by a member of the Dunkin’ culinary team in the DD Test Kitchen and tasted during a live Google+ Hangout on Wednesday, December 11! During the Google+ Hangout, our Executive Chef Stan Frankenthaler will announce the grand prize winner live. More details on the #DDTopChef Contest can be found here, and for the #DDTopChef Recipe Contest official rules please visit here.