With summer soon coming to an end, I wanted to savor some of my favorite things about this season in these last few weeks. One of my favorite summer desserts are s’mores and what a better time to enjoy them than on Saturday for National S’mores Day. I decided to put my own twist on s’mores for this fun food holiday and created a delicious recipe using a few simple ingredients, including Dunkin’ Donuts Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats and Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Chocolate. Treat your friends and family and celebrate the end of summer and National S’mores Day with S’mores Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats FonDDue!
For DD Hot Chocolate FonDDue:
• 3 Cups Chocolate Chips
• 1 Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Chocolate K-Cup® (you can also purchase 1 Small Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Chocolate from your local DD)
For S’mores Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats Skewers:
• 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (melted)
• 1 Box of 25 Count Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats (we recommend using Glazed Yeast Munchkins)
• 25 Mini Marshmallows
• 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
• Wooden Skewers
Instructions: DD Hot Chocolate FonDDue
1. Brew one Dunkin’ Donuts Hot Chocolate K-Cup® with the Keurig® K-Cup® Single Cup Brewer. We recommend brewing the largest size serving, which is 10 oz.
2. Pour the DD Hot Chocolate over the chocolate chips.
3. Stir until all of the chocolate chips have melted. You can also microwave in 30 second intervals if necessary.
Instructions: S’mores Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats
1. Cut a small opening in each Munchkin and place a marshmallow inside each Munchkin.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in-between until completely melted.
3. Cover the opening by dunking half of each Munchkin in the melted chocolate.
4. Then, dip the Munchkin in graham cracker crumbs and allow to set.
5. Serve alongside our DD Hot Chocolate FonDDue with skewers for dipping.
Another delicious dessert to make with the S’mores Munchkins is an ice cream sundae! Using three scoops of Baskin-Robbins Rocky Road Ice Cream, we topped it with two of our S’mores Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats, whipped cream and drizzled hot chocolate sauce. You can also use your favorite Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream flavor for your sundae!
Check out this video featuring Chef Molly where she’ll walk you through the quick and easy steps for creating S’mores Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats FonDDue!