There’s something about an ice cream sandwich on a hot summer day that just makes you feel like a kid again…especially if the sandwich part of this delicious treat is a donut! In honor of National Ice Cream Sandwich Day this past weekend (Saturday, August 2nd), our culinary team is bringing you back to those sweet summer memories with their super simple Ice Cream Sandwich Donut recipe. Trust us, the hardest part of this recipe is having to commit to your favorite flavors. But fear not, this recipe is so easy you can whip up multiple variations in no time!
Tip: Nothing makes you feel more like a kid than sprinkles, lots and lots of sprinkles.
• 1 dozen Dunkin’ Donuts Donuts (any kind or variety you like)
• 2 pints Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (your favorite flavors, of course)
• Sprinkles (optional but recommend for additional fun factor)
• Mini Chocolate Chips (also optional, and also recommended)
• Freeze donuts. This makes them easier to slice.
• Scoop ice cream onto wax paper and press into a disc shape to make the ice cream lie flat so you can easily place them between donut slices.
• Slice donuts and place the ice cream disc in-between
• Roll the sides of the ice cream sandwich in sprinkles or chocolate chips (or both) until you have reached your desired effect.
• Enjoy and reminisce!
Be sure to share your Ice Cream Sandwich Donut experiences with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The more colorful, the better! For more ideas and tips on baking with Dunkin’ products, check out our recipes here!