With a long weekend approaching in celebration of Memorial Day, it’s a perfect time for a picnic with family and friends. We have two great recipes for a DDelicious salad and a fun, DIY project for a festive (and eDDible!) centerpiece that you can present at your picnic, in your home or at the park. Using some of our favorite beverage and bakery items, including our Blueberry Muffins and freshly brewed Iced Tea, we put a new spin on the Panzanella salad, a classic Florentine dish and created our own Iced Tea vinaigrette to pair with it.
Ingredients: Panzanella Salad (Serves 4)
• 2 Dunkin’ Donuts Blueberry Muffins
• 12 oz. Mixed Greens
• 1 Orange Bell pepper
• 1 Red Bell pepper
• 1/2 English Cucumber
• 1 Cup Baby Tomatoes
• 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries
• 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
• Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea Vinaigrette (Recipe to follow)
Ingredients: Iced Tea Vinaigrette
• 1 Small (16 oz.) Unsweetened Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea
• The Juice of 1 Lemon
• 1 TBSP Honey
• 1 ½ TSP Honey Mustard
• 3 TBSP Olive Oil
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions: Panzanella Salad
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Remove the paper liner from the Dunkin’ Donuts Blueberry Muffin and cut muffin into large diced pieces.
3. Place diced muffin pieces onto a lined baking tray and place into preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the muffin croutons are golden brown.
4. Rinse mixed greens and place onto individual serving dishes.
5. Rinse and prepare all other salad ingredients: cut orange and red bell pepper into large diced pieces, cut cucumber into small diced pieces and cut fresh strawberries into thin slices.
6. Place all prepared salad ingredients onto individual serving dishes.
7. Slice the grilled chicken and divide amongst the four plates, along with the muffin croutons.
8. Top with desired amount of Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Tea vinaigrette.
Instructions: Iced Tea Vinaigrette
1. Drain ice from the Dunkin’ Donuts freshly brewed Iced Tea.
2. Place Iced Tea in a small saucepan and reduce by half over high heat.
3. Add lemon juice, honey and honey mustard.
4. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the desired amount to your salad. Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few other recommendations and tips for this recipe:
• Use your favorite Dunkin’ Donuts Muffin for the croutons. We recommend Reduced Fat Blueberry, Lemon Poppy Seed or Corn as other great muffin options in this recipe.
• You can also add a Peach or Blueberry flavor shot to your Dunkin’ freshly brewed Iced Tea to add extra flavor in your vinaigrette.
• Have fun with the salad ingredients, as you can use any topping or fruit you would like for your salad. Other great options include blueberries, raspberries, onion, avocado and more.
Festive Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats Centerpiece
Decorate your picnic with a fun and festive centerpiece that’s edible too! Using our Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats and assorted fruit, this celebratory centerpiece is quick and easy to make and will brighten up your picnic spread.
• 2 Quarts Strawberries
• 2 Pints Blueberries
• 2 Pints Blackberries
• 1 Box of 25 Count Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats (We used Jelly Filled)
• 1 Package of Skewers
• 1 Styrofoam Ball (3-5”)
1. Place strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and Munchkins® Donut Hole Treats on the upper third of the skewer.
2. Place styrofoam ball in the bottom of a vase and stick prepared skewers around to fill in.
3. Serve and Enjoy!