In honor of National Croissant Day (January 30) and National Hot Chocolate Day (January 31), we’ve decided to combine these two Dunkin’ Donuts menu items to create a DDelectable breakfast! Using Dunkin’ Donuts’ Croissants and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, we created a breakfast masterpiece with our recipe for Salted Caramel Apple French Toast. This dish provides the perfect blend of sweet and salty through the combination of the flaky croissants with crisp apples, sweet brown sugar and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. It’s simple to make and a great recipe when you’re hosting brunch with your friends and family!
• 9 Inch Pie Pan
• 4 Dunkin’ Donuts Croissants
• 4 Apples (sliced)
• 1 Small Dunkin’ Donuts Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate (cooled to room temperature)
• 3 Eggs
• 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
• 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Pour melted butter into a 9-inch cake pan, and turn the pan to coat the sides with a thin layer of butter.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange apple slices over brown sugar.
3. In medium bowl, beat the Dunkin’ Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and eggs to make your batter for the French toast.
4. Slice Dunkin’ Donuts Croissants in half and soak in batter for 2 minutes. Arrange the croissants over the apples slices, ensuring all apple slices are covered.
5. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Let the French Toast cool for 10 minutes and slide a butter knife around the outer edge of the pan. Place your serving plate over the top of the pan and flip the French Toast over and onto the plate.
7. Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream.