The mission of the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation is to bring joy to kids battling hunger or illness – but every once in a while we like to extend our work to the rest of the family.
Every day, 43 children are diagnosed with cancer, and more than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year*. To recognize the doctors, nurses, parents and other caregivers of children affected by cancer, this past September during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month the Foundation challenged Dunkin’ Brands employees to donate “Coffee for Caregivers.”
The Foundation collected 7,000 Dunkin’ K-Cup Pods® to provide care packages of Dunkin’ coffee to oncology floors in children’s hospitals around the country, which was generously matched by Dunkin’ partners Keurig and The JM Smucker Company.
Deliveries of the Dunkin’ K-Cup Pods® are underway to hospitals in the Northeast, including:
- Akron Children’s Hospital (Akron, OH)
- Boston Children’s Hospital (Boston, MA)
- Boston Medical Center (Boston, MA),
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA)
- Tufts Floating Hospital for Children (Boston, MA)
- University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, VT)
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH)
- New York-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital (New York, NY)
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital (Providence, RI)
- UMASS Medical Center (Worcester, MA)
Thank you to Keurig and JM Smucker for helping us bring joy!
To learn more about the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation or to make a donation, please visit www.bringjoy.org.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.