Here at Dunkin’, we love all things holiDDay! With Thanksgiving coming up, we were inspired to create a fun Do-It-Yourself craft that you could make with a few simple supplies. Whether you’re looking to keep family entertained, or just want a fun centerpiece to spruce up the dinner table, our adorable Thanksgiving Turkey Latte Cup activity is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face this year. Just hold on to your leftover latte cup, grab some paper and glue, and get crafting!
- 1 medium Dunkin’ Donuts latte cup and lid (rinse it out, first!)
- One sheet each of brown, orange, green, yellow, and red paper
- One small square of white paper
- Black marker
- With each sheet of colored paper, cut out feather shapes that are about 1.5 inches wide at the base and 4 inches tall.
- Cut 11 feathers in all, repeating with whichever colors you like best.
- Fold each feather lengthwise and create a small crease in the middle to give them an authentic feather shape.
- Make the back row of feathers by gluing 6 feathers together, slightly overlapping one another. Glue the remaining 5 feathers together to make the front row. Glue both layers together and set aside.
- Create the turkey’s eyes by cutting two very small circles (about the side of the tip of a pencil eraser) out of the white paper. Glue the circles onto the latte cup, just under the Dunkin’ Donuts logo. Draw small black circles on the eyes to make the turkey’s pupils.
- Make the turkey’s wattle by cutting a heart shape out of red construction paper. Glue it just below the eyes.
- Cut a small triangle out of the orange construction paper to make a beak. Glue it into place over the top of the wattle.
- Now for the final touch! Turn the cup over and secure the feathers onto the back. The back row of feathers should be about 3 inches above the lid of the cup, and the front row should be about 2 inches above the lid.
Did you make our Thanksgiving Turkey Latte Cup this Thanksgiving? Take a photo and post it to our Facebook page. We’d love to see it!