One of our favorite summer holidays is upon us, which means one long weekend filled with parades, fireworks and celebratory cookouts. That being said, everyone loves a table full of patriotic desserts. If you’re stumped on what to bring to your Fourth of July barbecue this weekend, or just looking for a fun treat, “donut” worry! We’ve got just the thing with a Red, White, & Blue Donut Sandwich. This festive recipe layers our Strawberry Coolatta® sauce, blueberries and whipped cream between a sliced Powdered Donut.
Regardless of how or where you’re spending the Fourth, this tasty recipe makes for a simple yet delicious Independence Day dessert for friends and family! Try out the recipe below and share your thoughts (and pics) with us on Twitter and Instagram!
- 1 Dunkin’ Donuts Powdered Donut
- Your favorite whipped cream
- ½ Cup of blueberries
- 2 Large Dunkin’ Donuts Strawberry Coolatta frozen drinks
Strawberry Coolatta Sauce
- Take the two large Dunkin’ Donuts Strawberry Coolatta frozen drinks and cook them over medium heat until reduced. This should take about one hour and the sauce will be thick and shiny.
- Let cool and place in a small bowl or jar to serve with your dessert.
Red, White, & Blue Donut Sandwich
- Freeze donut. This makes it easier to slice.
- Slice donut and add whipped cream to the bottom slice.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top of the whipped cream.
- Drizzle the Strawberry Coolatta Sauce over the whipped cream and blueberries.
- Place the second donut slice on top and enjoy!
For an extra "pop" of patriotism, head to your nearest Baskin-Robbins location and try the USO Patriot Pop flavor! This sweet treat is available at Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide starting July 1st, and is red, white, and blue, featuring cherry, lemon, and blue raspberry-flavored ices. The flavor can be enjoyed by the scoop or in a refreshing float with Sprite.