Valentine’s Day and donuts go hand-in-hand. It’s a well-known fact here at the DD Mothership (hence, our DDelicious Cookie Dough and Brownie Batter heart-shaped donuts), but this year, I’m stretching this fact to include our donuts’ little siblings – Munchkins®! Perfect for Valentine’s Day, we used our favorite donut hole treats for this three ingredient, Chocolate-Covered Munchkins Pops recipe. A perfect recipe to show your loved one how “sweet” they really are!
Our Chocolate-Covered Munchkins Pops recipe uses three key ingredients: Munchkins, chocolate and more chocolate. While this is a great, DIY gift for your sweetie, it’s also a fun and unexpected gift that for your grandparents, siblings or coworkers. If you have kids, it’s easy enough to enlist their help in making it for a family member or for their teachers. All you need to do is add some ribbon and voila! You have a bouquet of Chocolate-Covered Munchkins Pops!
- 25 Munchkins® (we used Plain and Chocolate but you can use any you like)
- 1 Bag white coating chocolate (melted)
- 1 Bag pink and red coating chocolate (melted)
- 1 Package cake pop sticks
- Take a cake pop stick and dip the end of it in the melted white coating chocolate.
- Place a Munchkins donut hole treat on the end of this cake pop stick.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 until all Munchkins are on the sticks.
- Place the Munchkins pops on a sheet tray and place in the freezer until the chocolate is set. This will help the Munchkins to stay in place while dipping.
- Remove the sheet tray from the freezer and dip each munchkin in the white chocolate to coat.
- Drizzle the red and pink coating chocolate onto cake pops for decoration. You can also use sprinkles or candies.
- Allow chocolate to set and enjoy!
For more recipe ideas and tips on baking with Dunkin’ products for your Valentine, check out our recipes here!