When it comes to Valentine’s Day, sharing treats with someone special is a sweet way to celebrate. And what’s sweeter than some Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes? These cupcakes, inspired by Dunkin’ Donuts’ NEW Caramel Macchiato, have buttercream frosting made with Dunkin’ Donuts Espresso and incorporate the layering of yummy ingredients, just like a classic Macchiato. Trust us, they’re the perfect way to show your love to whomever you’re spending the day with.
To make them look extra fancy, I suggest using a piping bag to spread the espresso buttercream frosting. Customize them with sprinkles, chocolates or whatever you have up your sleeve! However you choose to decorate them, they’re sure to make your valentine swoon!
- Vanilla cupcake mix that makes approximately 12 cupcakes
- 4 oz. caramel sauce
- ½ Cup softened butter
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Shots of Dunkin’ Donuts Espresso
- Bake your cupcakes according to the package’s instructions.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in a large bowl, beat the softened butter with the powdered sugar, then slowly add in the espresso, then set the mixture aside.
- Cut a hole in the top of the cupcakes, reserving the tops.
- Fill each cupcake with caramel sauce.
- Place the tops back on the cupcakes and spread espresso buttercream on the top.
- Serve and pair with a Caramel Macchiato!
Did your Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes sweep your valentine off their feet? Share your creations with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! For more ideas and tips on cooking with Dunkin’ products, check out more recipes here!