The Coolatta® showdown continues with the cookie lovers on one side and the fruit enthusiasts on the other. For those of you on Team Fruit as well as Team Cookie, we have a delicious new recipe for you: the Mango Passion Fruit Coolatta Upside-Down Cake!
In case you haven’t heard, we are having a little competition to see which kind of Coolatta comes out on top. If you prefer fun and fruity Coolattas, use the hashtag #coolfruit on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to enter your vote. If you would rather sip on a cookie-flavored Coolatta, use the hashtag #coolcookie instead. We encourage you to share fun pictures and videos too!
Now, back to this yummy recipe. Even if you’re a cookie lover at heart, our Culinary Team put together a delicious cake recipe that all taste buds can get behind. The Mango Passion Fruit Coolatta Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is perfect for summertime get-togethers. Try adding a scoop of our sister brand Baskin-Robbins’ ice cream or frozen yogurt for an even more indulgent dessert! We recommend the pineapple and passion fruit-flavored Tropical Vacation Frozen Yogurt, or the sweet taste of orange, mango and peach in Greek Sunset Greek Frozen Yogurt!
Mango Passion Fruit Coolatta Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1 Box of your favorite yellow cake mix
- 8 oz. of Mango Passion Fruit Coolatta®
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Stick of butter (melted)
- 4 Slices of pineapple (rings)
- 4 Cherries
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the cake mix, Coolatta®, eggs and butter in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
3. In a 9 inch round pan, lay out the pineapple slices and place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
4. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the pineapple rings and then pour the batter over them.
5. Place it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool then turn it out onto a serving dish with the bottom facing up.
7. Enjoy it with a scoop of Baskin-Robbins ice cream or frozen yogurt!
Are you head over heels for our upside-down cake? Share your creations with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! And don’t forget to vote for your favorite Coolatta flavors using the hashtags #coolcookie and #coolfruit!