Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and Dunkin’ is giving loyal guests another reason to celebrate! On Sunday, May 5, DD Perks® members can earn five-times the points (25 points per dollar instead of the usual five points per dollar) on medium or larger hot and iced coffee or espresso drinks.
The festivities don’t stop there! In honor of Cinco de Mayo, Dunkin’s culinary team whipped up a delicious Latin-inspired chicken mole dish featuring a coffee-spiked mole sauce. This flavorful recipe is perfect for folks who are busy, but still want to celebrate the occasion with a special dish that brings a “wow” factor, with a splash of Dunkin’.
Check out our coffee-spiked chicken mole recipe below!
Ingredients: Makes 8 servings
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on with bone)
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium Dunkin’ coffee (1 cup to be used for the recipe, the rest to drink!)
- 8 oz. mole sauce (pick your favorite brand from the grocery store)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Marinate chicken thighs in olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper in refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Strain marinade through mesh strainer.
- Warm sauté pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in sauté pan and sear for 4 minutes, then turn chicken over and sear for 4 more minutes.
- Cover thighs with mole sauce and coffee. Place thighs with mole sauce and coffee in oven-proof skillet and bake for 18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Remove from pan with residual juices and sauce. Allow to cool a bit and serve warm with rice, veggies and beans.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.