Here at Dunkin’, we know our guests love customizing their go-to coffee and espresso drinks with delicious flavors, from classics like caramel and vanilla to seasonal favorites like Peppermint Mocha and Gingerbread. When placing your order, you may notice that Dunkin’ has both flavor shots and flavor swirls. If you’ve ever found yourself wondering, “what’s the difference?”, we’ve got you covered.
Keep reading for five key differences between flavor swirls and flavor shots at Dunkin’.
- Our flavor shots are unsweetened and sugar-free, while our flavor swirls are sweet, creamy and indulgent. Both flavor shots and flavor swirls are free from artificial sweeteners and artificial dyes.
- For medium-sized beverages, flavor shots add 5-10 calories, while flavor swirls add 150-160 calories.
- All of our flavor shots are non-dairy, while all of our flavor swirls contain dairy with the exception of our mocha flavor swirl.
- There are some different flavor options between flavor shots and flavor swirls. Our classic flavor shot options include vanilla, hazelnut, toasted almond, blueberry, raspberry and coconut, while our classic flavor swirl varieties include caramel, French vanilla, hazelnut and Mocha.
- Most of our seasonal flavors, like Sugarplum, Gingerbread and Peppermint Mocha, are flavor swirls.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.