January is known as being the coldest month of the year and with temperatures dropping throughout the country, we’re feeling this frigid factoid firsthand. With this month’s weather living up to its reputation, we’re looking to warm your hearts and homes by hosting a Hot Chocolate Happiness Twitter sweepstakes and sharing a Salted Caramel Brownie Bite recipe!
Starting on Wednesday, January 14 and lasting through Thursday, January 15 we’ll ask fans on Twitter why our Hot Chocolate makes them happy. Each day, five lucky fans who answer using the hashtag #DDHotChoc and #Sweeps, will win a $50 mGift to keep them happy with hot chocolate throughout the winter months. One lucky grand prize winner each day will win a year’s supply of DD Hot Chocolate and will have their winning tweet inserted into a fun digital image, to continue spreading Hot Chocolate happiness long after the sweeps is over. For more information about our Hot Chocolate Happiness Sweepstakes, visit: http://dun.kn/1wbig60. No purchase necessary, must be 18+ and a legal resident of the U.S. or District of Columbia to enter. Void where prohibited.
Searching for an indulgent treat to snuggle up with during these cold nights? Look no further because our Salted Caramel Brownie Bites are the perfect treat to pair with a movie night, family gathering or date night. Hot chocolate is a classic winter staple beverage and this recipe uses our DDelcious Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, great for sipping on while baking. For a fun twist, add some of the optional elements like chocolate frosting and kosher salt, to decorate or for extra flavor!
Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
- 1 Box of your favorite brownie mix
- 1 Small DD Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 12 Caramel squares, unwrapped (more if you'd like to decorate with them!)
- Chocolate frosting (optional)
- Kosher salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, DD Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, and eggs. Whisk until smooth.
3. Pour the brownie batter into a greased cupcake tin about halfway full. Then place it in the oven for seven minutes.
4. Remove the cupcake tin from the oven and place a caramel in the center of each brownie. Please the tin back in the oven to bake for another eight minutes (this will make the center gooey and melted).
5. Remove the tin from the oven and remove the brownies from the pan.
6. Serve warm with chocolate frosting and a sprinkle of kosher salt for decoration. For an added pop, top the brownie off with another caramel and enjoy!