Kicking off any Thanksgiving feast right means amazing appetizers. Once again, we are serving up Thanksgiving favorites with a Dunkin’ twist during our annual Dunksgiving event. This year we are beginning our celebration with a sweet Hibiscus Kiss™ and Berry Baked Brie!
Hibiscus Kiss™ and Berry Baked Brie
A wheel of baked brie topped with a berry fruit compote is just the thing to brighten your Thanksgiving spread, and it makes a perfect addition to any Dunksgiving celebration! Soaking dried fruit in the hibiscus tea gives it a wonderful, refreshing flavor that makes for a colorful and delicious topping to baked brie. Check out the full recipe below!
- 1 wheel of Brie
- 4 cups Dunkin’ Donuts Hibiscus Kiss™ Herbal Infusion (Pick up two large teas at Dunkin’)
- 1 cup of dried fruit
- ½ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole clove
- Combine 2 cups of the Hibiscus Kiss™ tea with the dried fruit in a large bowl and soak for 1 hour.
- In a small sauce, combine the remaining 2 cups of Hibiscus Kiss™ tea, orange juice, sugar, and lemon zest over medium high heat. Add the soaking fruit and Hibiscus Kiss™ mixture to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cinnamon and clove. Simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the fruit has softened and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the wheel of brie with the dried fruit compote on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and baked for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with bread or crackers, or in croissant dough.