Kicking off any Thanksgiving feast right means amazing appetizers. Once again, we are serving up Thanksgiving favorites with a Dunkin’ twist during our annual Dunksgiving event. We are beginning our celebration with a sweet Berry Hibiscus Kiss™ Baked Brie and savory Dunkin' Cheddar Cheese Bagel Twist Croutons over Caesar Salad.
Hibiscus Kiss™ and Berry Baked Brie
Recipe by: Cindy Hsu
A wheel of baked brie topped with a berry fruit compote is just the thing to brighten your Thanksgiving spread, and it makes a perfect addition to our Dunksgiving celebration!
Just a few weeks ago, our Culinary Team introduced new premium teas, a lineup of full leaf teas and herbal infusions in pyramid tea sachets. My favorite: Hibiscus Kiss™ Herbal Infusion. The refreshing and bright fusion of hibiscus, herbs and natural berry flavors is the key to this recipe.
Soaking dried fruit in the hibiscus tea gives it a wonderful, refreshing flavor that makes for a colorful and delicious topping to baked brie. Check out my full recipe below!
- 1 wheel of Brie
- 4 cups Dunkin’ Donuts Hibiscus Kiss™ Herbal Infusion (Pick up two large teas at Dunkin’)
- 1 cup of dried fruit
- ½ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole clove
- Combine 2 cups of the Hibiscus Kiss™ tea with the dried fruit in a large bowl and soak for 1 hour.
- In a small sauce, combine the remaining 2 cups of Hibiscus Kiss™ tea, orange juice, sugar, and lemon zest over medium high heat. Add the soaking fruit and Hibiscus Kiss™ mixture to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cinnamon and clove. Simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the fruit has softened and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the wheel of brie with the dried fruit compote on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and baked for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with bread or crackers, or in croissant dough
Dunkin' Cheddar Cheese Bagel Twist Croutons over Caesar Salad
Recipe by: Mike Brazis
Next up after the delicious Berry Hibiscus Kiss™ Baked Brie is a classic Caesar salad. The secret to an exceptional salad? It’s all in the croutons.
My Cheddar Cheese Bagel Twist Croutons are a flavorful addition to our Dunksgiving starter. We are enjoying them over Caesar salad, but they are delicious over soup as well (I especially like them over Tomato, Pumpkin and Butternut Squash soups). Check out the recipe below.
- 6 Dunkin’ Donuts Cheddar Cheese Bagel Twists (feel free to switch in your favorite bagel flavor!)
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Half stick of butter, melted
- Heavy pinch of course ground black pepper
- Heavy pinch of flake sea salt
- Light pinch of red pepper flake
- Heavy pinch of everything bagel seasoning (Toasted sesame , poppy seed, dried onion, bagel salt, dried garlic and fennel seed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut Bagel Twists or Bagels into 1/4 inch cubes and place in larger mixing bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, melted butter, ground pepper, sea salt, red pepper flake and everything bagel seasoning on to cut bagels.
- Mix gently until the oil, butter and seasoning mixture coats each bagel cube.
- Place evenly on large baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Keep in a covered container until ready to use (Good for 2-3 days covered).
Keep checking back on our blog for more Dunksgiving recipes! And be sure to follow along on Snapchat (dunkindonuts) and Instagram for a behind-the-scene look at the Dunkin’ Culinary Test Kitchen during our Dunksgiving celebration.