What would Thanksgiving be without staples like cranberry sauce, and of course, a glazed turkey? For our annual Dunksgiving celebration, we are serving up these classics with a Dunkin’ twist. From our Culinary Test Kitchen to yours, here are our recipes for Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea Spiced Cranberry Sauce and and a Coffee Maple Glaze for your Thanksgiving turkey.
Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea Spiced Cranberry Sauce
This is not canned Cranberry sauce. Bring your Thanksgiving spread to the next level our homemade, spiced cranberry sauce. It’s made with our Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea, a bold, full leaf black tea that compliments the cranberry sauce perfectly. Check out the recipe below!
- 6 Bold Breakfast Black™ tea sachets
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 bags of cranberries
- 3 oranges, zested and juiced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- In a large pot, steep the tea sachets in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea sachets.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens.
- Remove whole spices.
- Chill and serve.
Coffee Maple Glaze
Now for the star of the show: the turkey! This coffee maple glaze is simply two ingredients, but it really brings a nice flavor to your Thanksgiving bird. It is certainly a Dunksgiving favorite!
- 1 Dunkin’ Original Blend Box O’ Joe
- 2 cups maple syrup
- In a large pot, combine coffee and maple syrup.
- Cook over medium high heat until reduced by ¾. The mixture will look thick and shiny
- Brush onto your finished turkey (we like fried but roasted turkey works too!)
- For added chef points, use a blow torch to finish your turkey. This makes the glaze more caramelized and gives the turkey skin nice texture.