After the Dunkin’ Culinary team and friends come together for Dunksgiving, we of course have to end the celebration on a sweet note with incredible desserts.
In an earlier post, Chef Molly presented our recipe for No Bake Pumpkin Latte Cheesecake Pie in a fun video to kick off Dunksgiving (check it out here). Our Dunksgiving dessert spread also includes Croissant Donut Bread Pudding, enjoyed with our recipe for Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea Crème Anglaise.
Croissant Donut Bread Pudding
Recipe by: Caitlin Wertz
Our glazed croissant donuts feature 24 layers of light, fluffy pastry. Adding in cinnamon, cranberries and more added in, make for a delicious bread pudding! Check out the recipe below.
- 24 Dunkin’ Donuts Croissant Donuts
- 6 cups of milk, warmed
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 12 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- Slice Croissant Donuts into quarter pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine donut pieces with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cranberries.
- Arrange donut mix into a baking pan or into extra-large muffin tins.
- Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl with whisk until blended.
- Pour over donut mix and let sit 30 minutes.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 24-27 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea Crème Anglaise.
Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea Crème Anglaise
Recipe by: Caitlin Wertz
Our Croissant Donut Bread Pudding would not be complete without the sweet and creamy Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea Crème Anglaise. See the recipe below!
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of light cream
- 5 Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea sachets
- 1 ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 tbsps. of sugar
- Combine milk and cream in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, being cautious to not scald the milk.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and Bold Breakfast Black™ Tea sachets. Let steep 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until blended. Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture.
- Return the custard to a saucepan. Heat over low heat for 5 minutes with stirring consistently, until custard thickens (Good test: Drag a spoon across the mixture; if it leaves a path, you can remove from heat)
- Strain sauce into bowl. Cover and chill.
- Serve with a slice of Croissant Donut Bread Pudding!
There you have it, another Dunksgiving in the books! For more Thanksgiving inspiration and recipes from our Culinary Team, check out the recipe tab on our blog. If you try any yourself, be sure to share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #Dunksgiving.
And from our Dunkin’ family to yours, wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving!