Turkey may be the star of Dunksgiving, but it’s nothing without amazing sides to accompany it. We give you our recipes for Dark Roast Coffee Marinated Brussels Sprouts and Roasted Carrots with Harmony Leaf Green™ Tea Miso Butter.
Dark Roast Coffee Marinated Brussels Sprouts
Recipe by: Heidi Curry
This is a Dunksgiving fan favorite we are bringing back to the table once again. This Brussels sprouts recipe brings together Dunkin’ Donuts’ Rainforest Alliance Certified Dark Roast coffee, bacon and maple syrup for a delicious vegetable dish that is sure to delight. It does take some time to make, but trust us, it is worth it in the end. See the full recipe below.
- 1½ lbs. of Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp. of Dunkin’ Dark Roast Coffee Grounds
- 2 cans of dark or stout beer
- 3 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 large Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3/4 lbs. Thick Cut Bacon, cut into nickel sized pieces
- 1 oz. Dunkin’ Dark Roast Coffee, brewed hot
- 1 oz. Maple Syrup
- Cut off the roots of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Mix them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and Dunkin’ Dark Roast Coffee Grounds. Let sit for an hour.
- Put the Brussels sprouts into a 1 gallon plastic, zip lock bag and add the dark or stout beer. Place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add Dunkin’ Dark Roast brewed coffee and maple syrup to a small sauté pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat down. Simmer until the liquid thickens up a bit.
- In a separate skillet, melt butter at medium heat. Once melted, add onion and cook until golden.
- Line a 12x17 inch baking sheet (make sure the baking sheet is at least 1/2” deep) with aluminum foil, and add the pieces of cut bacon to the sheet and spread out. Use a basting brush and paint the bacon with the Dunkin’ Dark Roast and maple syrup mixture.
- Place in oven and cook until the bacon crisps up. Pull out of the oven and put the bacon in a bowl, while keeping the baking sheet.
- Pull out the bag of Brussels sprouts and drain all the beer. Add the Brussels sprouts and onions to the baking sheet and evenly spread out. Then, sprinkle the bacon pieces across the top.
- Add the remaining amount of salt and extra virgin olive oil and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 35-40 minutes. Shake the pan from time-to-time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Once crisp on the outside, remove Brussel sprouts and enjoy!
Roasted Carrots with Harmony Leaf Green™ Tea Miso Butter
Recipe by: Jeff Miller
Adding a green tea miso butter to your classic, roasted carrots really brings them to the next level. It incorporates our Harmony Leaf Green™ Tea, a vibrant full leaf green tea delivering a delicate earthy flavor. The new premium tea is served in a pyramid tea sachet, delivering a stronger and deeper flavor that really adds to the miso butter recipe below.
- 3 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. of tri-color carrots, chopped into 1” pieces
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced, with white and green parts separated
- ½ cup of brewed Harmony Leaf Green™ (Pick up a small at your local DD)
- 1 ½ tbsp. of white miso paste
- 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, diced into chunks
- 2 tbsp. of rice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add sliced carrots to a large bowl. Toss in in 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, roast for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, sauté garlic and scallion in olive oil while stirring. Cook on medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the garlic is light brown.
- Add the green tea to the sauté pan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until reduced by half.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the miso, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the butter. Whisk thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes, until the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Add vinegar and stir the mixture.
- In a large bowl, stir the mixture over carrots and toss.
- Once the carrots are evenly coated, season and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more Dunksgiving Dessert recipes! And be sure to follow along on Snapchat (dunkindonuts) and Instagram for a behind-the-scene look at the Dunkin’ Culinary Test Kitchen during our Dunksgiving celebration.