Fiesta! Cinco de Mayo is here, so we went down to the lab to celebrate the Dunkin’ way with our Culinary Team. Our creative chefs brought together a few of our popular Dunkin’ Donuts products, added a festive touch and created the Citrus Coolatta Margarita and Very Berry Coffee Cake to help put you in the mood to celebrate. Make this for your friends, family or even your favorite Mariachi band and we guarantee they’ll all say, "Gracias!"
Citrus Coolatta Margarita
- Juice of 1/2 a grapefruit
- Juice of a lime
- 1 small Minute Maid® Orange Coolatta
- 3 oz. lemon/lime soda
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Shake to combine
- Serve in a martini glass with a salted rim
Very Berry Coffee Cake
For fruit filling:
- 5 cups of your favorite frozen berry mix or any fresh or frozen fruit of your liking
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1/2 stick (2 oz.) butter, melted
- Set oven for 350°F and grease a 8"x8" baking pan with butter or pan spray.
- Toss frozen or fresh berries with granulated sugar and all-purpose flour until berries are coated. Pour the berry mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, break apart two coffee cake muffins into small crumbs. Drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs and toss the crumbs with a spoon or clean hands until they have absorbed the butter.
- Sprinkle the buttered muffin crumbs in an even layer over the berries. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the berries are soft (a cake tester should pass through them easily) and the crumble is golden brown.
- Now for the hardest part: let the crisp cool fully before slicing it into pieces. Serve alone or with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream!