HAPPY HALLOWEEN! In celebration of this spooktacular holiday, we are dressing up our donuts….as spiders! Learn how to make a dozen DIY spider donuts to bring to your Halloween celebrations in our easy tutorial below.
- Pick up a dozen donuts and a box of Munchkins® at your local Dunkin’ Donuts. We recommend Old Fashioned or Glazed Donuts and Chocolate or Pumpkin Munchkins.
- Spread a layer of orange icing across the top of one donut
- Pipe 3 thin circles around the donut. Have fun with the colors – we chose red, yellow and brown!
- To complete the spider web, drag a knife or spatula from the center to the edge of the donut. Continue every 1/4 inch while turning the donut slightly after each stripe until complete.
- Now for the spider Munchkins! Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until you have smooth, liquid chocolate.
- Dip the Munchkin in the melted chocolate and let cool.
- Place the chocolate-covered Munchkin in the center donut hole.
- Add dots for eyes, and then pipe 8 spider legs around the Munchkin.
- Repeat the process for each donut until complete.
Pick up an extra dozen of REESE’S® Peanut Butter Squares, Pumpkin Donuts, and all your favorites to bring along to your Halloween get-togethers. And be sure to share your DIY Spider Donuts on Instagram and Pinterest!