Happy National Potato Day! In celebration of this spud-tastic holiday, we’re bringing back three potato-centric recipes created by our very own hash-brown enthusiast and culinary team member, Molly DeHahn. All three recipes - Two-Bite Hash Brown Nacho, Double Decker Jalapeño Cheddar Canapés and BBQ Hash Brown Canapés - are perfect as appetizers and only take a few steps and ingredients to make. They feature our very own DD hash browns, which serve as a delicious complement to a variety of food flavors due to their perfected blend of herbs and spices. If you love hash browns half as much as we do, try these recipes for yourself. We promise you won’t leave disappointed (or hungry)!
Two-Bite Hash Brown Nachos
• 1 order Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns (6 pieces)
• 3 cheddar cheese slices
• ½ avocado mashed or pureed
• 6 jalapeño slices
• 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
• 6 olive slices
• Sour cream (garnish)
1. Purchase one order of Hash Browns from Dunkin’ Donuts. You can easily re-crisp the Hash Browns at home by popping them in the oven.
2. Use a plastic piping bag to swirl pureed avocado onto the Hash Browns.
3. Build your nachos: layer each Hash Browns with one sliced cherry tomato each, followed by a cheddar cheese slice, a jalapeño, and an olive.
4. Finish the Hash Browns with a swirl of sour cream.
5. Arrange on a party-ready plate and enjoy!
Double Decker Jalapeño Cheddar Canapés
• 5 orders of Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns
• 22 cheddar cheese slices (1 in squares)
• 22 jalapeño rings
• Sour cream (garnish)
1.) Re-crisp the Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
2.) Layer cheese in between two Hash Browns, then place a dab of sour cream on top.
3.) Top with a jalapeño slice and enjoy!
BBQ Hash Brown Canapés
• 3 orders of Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns
• 1 Cup of Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee BBQ Sauce
• 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
• Pepper Jack Cheese
1.) Dice chicken breast and cook with the Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee BBQ sauce over low heat for 30 minutes (or until it is able to be “pulled” with a fork).
2.) Once tender, pull the chicken and stir. Set aside.
3.) Re-heat and crisp the Dunkin’ Donuts Hash Browns in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
4.) Place a small square of pepper jack cheese on each hash brown.
5.) Then, place a small amount of the pulled chicken on each.
6.) Top with diced pickles and scallions to garnish.