Want the perfect dessert to satisfy your chocolate craving? Our Double Dark Roast Pie recipe will do just that! This recipe features our new Dark Roast Coffee, which adds a rich chocolate flavor to this DDecadent pie! This dessert is a perfect recipe to try out and cozy up with this fall.
The crust for the Double Dark Roast Pie was inspired by my fellow Dunkin’ coworker and pastry chef- Josh - who once made a coffee-cookie blend as part of an upscale plated dessert for a past Dunkin’ event. Needless to say, I couldn’t stop eating the coffee-cookie crumble and thought it would work perfectly as a cookie pie crust.
For the center of the pie, I utilized the little known secret that coffee adds depth to chocolate desserts. This is often the ‘secret ingredient’ to making chocolate cakes more chocolatey! Don’t believe me? Try adding some double-brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast coffee or a shot of Dunkin’ espresso to your favorite cake recipe the next time you make it!
Double Dark Roast Pie
1-9 oz. pack of chocolate wafer cookies
½ cup Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast Coffee, ground
½ tsp. salt
1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz.), melted
3 cups whole milk
¼ cup Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast Coffee, ground
2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust, combine cookies, Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast grounds and salt in a food processor. Blend until the cookies are fine crumbs.
- While running the food processor, pour in the melted butter until the crumbs come together as a loose mass.
- Pack your crust in a 10” pie plate and bake at 350°F for 15-20 min, or until the crust is set.
- Let crust fully cool before adding filling.
- To make the filling, combine the milk and Dark Roast coffee in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the milk-coffee mixture until it is just hot to the touch. Give the mixture a stir and place the bowl in the refrigerator to cool. Let the milk and coffee sit together for a few hours, at least 2 hours and as long as 24 hours (make sure to cover the bowl if letting sit longer than 2 hours).
- Pour the coffee milk through a fine mesh sieve. Reserve the milk and toss the coffee grounds.
- Combine the milk and instant pudding, whisking it to prevent lumps. Mix until the filling thickens.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust, smoothing the filling so it fills the crust in an even layer.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the filling to prevent a skin from forming and refrigerate the pie for 1-2 hours, or until it is fully set.
- Decorate your pie with whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping as desired and dig in!