Today marks the start of winter. With just eight to ten hours of daylight, it’s the darkest day of the year. How will you keep running?
The shortest and darkest day of the year can present big challenges for keeping up the positive energy. There is no better way to embrace the darkness and get that needed pick-me-up than with Dunkin’ Dark Roast.
A cup of Dark Roast will bring the bold flavor and smooth finish needed to make it through a dark day, without the bitterness typically associated with most dark roast coffees. For some extra delight with the dark, you can pair Dunkin’ Dark Roast with our signature Chocolate Glazed Donuts or MUNCHKINS® donut hole treats.
In honor of the darkest day of the year, the chefs of the Dunkin’ Test Kitchen have created a special Dark Roast infused cocktail. Check out the recipe for Maple Whiskey Dark Roast Night Cap below:
Maple Whiskey Dark Roast Night Cap
- 1 Small Iced Dunkin’ Dark Roast Coffee with Cream
- 1 oz. Whiskey
- ½ oz. Maple Liqueur
- Cinnamon sugar (garnish)
- Whole coffee beans (Optional, garnish)
- Add Dunkin’ Dark Roast Coffee, whiskey, maple liqueur and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake thoroughly.
- Pour into rocks glass, straining out the ice.
- Garnish with cinnamon sugar. For a fun, different way to garnish, place a piece of paper over half of the glass and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over. The garnish will only cover half of the drink, giving it a beautiful, Instagram-worthy look.
- Add three whole coffee beans to finish (optional)
- Serve cold and enjoy with a Chocolate Glazed Donut!
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.