With Dunkin’ Donuts’ Packaged Coffee and K-Cup® Pods, you can make and experience the delicious Dunkin’ coffee you love right from your kitchen! Whether you’re making hot or iced coffee, we’ve got you covered with tips on how to brew the perfect cup every time.
Hot Coffee Brewing Tips:
- Be sure to store your coffee in a cool, dry space at room temperature for best results.
- Coffee can absorb the flavors and aromas of anything around it. For this reason, it is important to store it in an airtight container so it will stay fresh.
- Always clean your brewer and carafe before brewing. If you have old coffee or other substances in your coffee brewer, it won’t taste quite right.
- The longer your coffee is on the burner, the more bitter it gets! Any longer than 20 minutes is too long.
- If your coffee is getting cold, use an insulated mug or reheat using the burner. Reheating your coffee using a microwave is a recipe for bad coffee.
- Ground coffee stays fresh for up to 7 days after opening, while whole bean coffee lasts up to 20 days.
- The finer you grind it, the stronger the flavor gets!
Iced Coffee Brewing Tips:
- After taking the coffee pot off the burner, let it cool off before adding ice.
- Since melting ice dilutes the coffee, you should brew your iced coffee with twice the amount of coffee grinds than are used for hot coffee.
- Iced coffee is only good for 8 hours after brewing when it is left unrefrigerated.
- Add enough ice to double your iced coffee’s volume for deliciously cool results.
- If you have left over iced coffee, you can store it in your refrigerator as long as it is in an airtight container. Properly storing the icy brew is key to retaining that signature DD freshness we all know and love.