CANTON, Mass. (August 21, 2007) -- Just in time for the beginning of football season, Dunkin' Donuts today introduced its new Bacon Lover's Supreme Omelet, the latest offering in its award-winning line of breakfast sandwiches geared for busy people on-the-go. Featuring an omelet of real egg and assorted vegetables, three slices of crisp, thick-cut pepper bacon, marbled Colby Jack cheese and served on a freshly baked croissant, the Bacon Lover's Supreme Omelet delivers a combination of hearty flavors perfect for the fall season. The new sandwich is available any time of day at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants nationwide.
The Bacon Lover's Supreme Omelet is the third sandwich in the series of Supreme Omelets. Dunkin' Donuts introduced the original Supreme Omelet in January 2006 and the Sausage Supreme Omelet in September 2006. The Sausage Supreme Omelet recently received the Nation's Restaurant News MenuMaster Award for "Best Single Product Rollout," which recognizes outstanding achievement in product rollout, design and innovation.
Legendary sportscaster Chris Berman, host of ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, is partnering with Dunkin' Donuts to promote the Bacon Lover's Supreme Omelet. Beginning today, he will be featured in new television and radio commercials as well as online and in-store marketing. The online promotion at www.DunkinDonuts.com features a fun interactive football game in which participants can win daily prizes, including 42" plasma TVs, JetBlue airline tickets, various gift cards as well as professional football related memorabilia.
To help "kickoff" the launch of the new sandwich, Chris Berman has also compiled a list of his all-time greatest NFL combos, the best players and/or coaches in football history "who go together like bacon and eggs." According to Berman, "the new Bacon Lover's Supreme Omelet brings together a combination of flavors sure to score a touchdown with football fans everywhere, whether they're tailgating at the stadium or listening to the game in their car," he said. "This got me to thinking about some of the other great combinations that have thrilled and excited fans through the years. I've created my own personal list; let the debate begin!"
CHRIS BERMAN'S TOP TEN GREATEST NFL COMBOS
- Joe Montana and Bill Walsh - San Francisco 49ers: Two Hall-of-Famers turned nothing into a legend.
- Joe Montana and Jerry Rice - San Francisco 49ers: The greatest QB and the greatest WR.
- Bill Belichick and Tom Brady - New England Patriots: Three rings and counting.
- Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry - Baltimore Colts: Took pro football offense and moved it into modern times.
- Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison - Indianapolis Colts: They've done it more than anyone else.
- Steve Young and Jerry Rice - San Francisco 49ers: Perfection on every pattern.
- Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen - Los Angeles Rams: How about a little defense? (With apologies to Lamar Lundy and Rosey Grier, the rest of the Fearsome Foursome.)
- Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr - Green Bay Packers: Lost their first playoff game, and won EVERY other one. 'Nuff said.
- Joe Namath and Don Maynard - New York Jets: Nothing was more exciting than the AFL passing game.
- John Hadl and Lance Alworth - San Diego Chargers: Like I said, nothing was more exciting than the AFL passing game.
(Apologies to so many, including Jim Kelly and Andre Reed; Dan Marino and the Marks Brothers; Lynn Swann and John Stallworth; and maybe the greatest college duo of all time, Glenn Davis and Doc Blanchard -- "Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside.")
Dunkin' Donuts has been serving freshly ground and freshly brewed coffee and bakery items for more than 57 years. The company sells more donuts and bagels than any other quick service restaurant in America, and is the number one retailer of hot and iced coffee, selling more than one billion cups of coffee a year in its restaurants throughout the country. In recent months, Dunkin' Donuts has launched several new menu items, such as iced teas (both sweetened and unsweetened,) White Hot Chocolate, SoBe Coolatta and a Tropical Fruit Smoothie. Dunkin' Donuts will continue to introduce innovative and exciting menu items created by Dunkin' Donuts culinary team for customers to enjoy throughout the day.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, today Dunkin' Donuts is the number one retailer of hot regular coffee-by-the-cup in America, selling 2.7 million cups a day, nearly one billion cups a year. Dunkin' Donuts is also the largest coffee and baked goods chain in the world and sells more hot regular coffee, iced coffee, donuts, and bagels than any other quick service restaurant in America. Dunkin' Donuts has more than 7,200 restaurants in 30 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Massachusetts, Dunkin' Donuts is a subsidiary of Dunkin' Brands, Inc. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.