CANTON, Mass. (September 5, 2012) – Just as mornings get more hectic with the start of the school year, Dunkin’ Donuts has unveiled a new, better-for-you breakfast option to kick-start a busy day. Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today introduced Quaker® Oatmeal as a permanent addition to the brand’s DDSMART® menu of better-for-you food and beverages. Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will serve Quaker® Oatmeal in two hearty varieties, Original and Brown Sugar, both of which are served with dried fruit. Quaker® Oatmeal will be available at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants for a suggested retail price of $1.99 in select cities beginning today, and in Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants throughout the country by November.
Quaker® Oatmeal joins the many other DDSMART menu items that provide Dunkin’ Donuts guests with better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality or value. Dunkin’ Donuts’ Quaker® Oatmeal with dried fruit has 270 calories and the Brown Sugar variety with dried fruit has 300 calories. All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25% fewer calories; 25% less sugar, fat, saturated fat or sodium than comparable fare, and/or contain an ingredient that is nutritionally beneficial. Many items on the DDSMART menu are under 300 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories)are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Wake-Up Wraps are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. DDSMART Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with skim milk and Splenda®.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened Teas are all zero-calories.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened medium Iced Tea has five calories.
“Dunkin’ Donuts is committed to meeting the needs of our guests by providing better-for-you choices for eating on-the-go. Expanding our DDSMART menu with the introduction of oatmeal reinforces that commitment to offering a wide array of options that fit customers’ lifestyles and dietary preferences, and keep people running all throughout the day,” said John Costello, Chief Global Marketing and Innovation Officer at Dunkin’ Brands.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com