CANTON, MA (June 20, 2012) – Today is the first official day of summer, and as people get ready for road trips throughout the season, Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, has taken a closer look at how people keep themselves running during summer getaways. Dunkin’ Donuts commissioned an independent survey of more than 1,000 Americans across the country to learn more about how people “stay cool” before and during a summer vacation, weekend getaway, or day trip. According to the results:
- Two (or more) for the road: Approximately 59% of people make at least two or more stops for food or drinks during their summer road trip. Approximately one-third of people (31%) stop three times or more.
- Suffering from suitcase stress: Exactly half of people (50%) claim to have either a little or a lot of stress over packing for a trip.
- Spontaneous consumption: Nearly three-quarters of people (74%) claim they make their food and drink stops spontaneously as needed. Only 15% of people plan their food and drink stops at the start of their summer road trip.
- More than one-third (36%) of people use a GPS or other travel technology to identify food and drink stops during summer road trips.
- Food fight: Do you argue over where and when to stop for food or drinks? Twenty percent of people claim they sometimes or always argue with their road trip mates.
- Which member of the family usually needs to make the most food or drink stops during a summer road trip? Thirty-nine percent say it’s themselves, while 24% claim it’s the kids and another 15% say it’s their spouse or significant other.
Summer Coolstice Twitter Sweepstakes
To help celebrate the summer solstice, Dunkin’ Donuts is welcoming the hottest season in a cool way with the new Dunkin’ Donuts “Summer Coolstice” Twitter Sweepstakes. Today, followers of @DunkinDonuts who tweet their favorite variety of Dunkin’ Donuts’ Coolatta frozen drinks, using the special hashtag #DDCoolstice, will be entered for a chance to win a $50 Dunkin’ Donuts Card, which can help anyone stay refreshed with icy Dunkin’ Donuts beverages and delicious snacks through the start of summer.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ Frozen Coffee and Coolatta frozen drinks are the perfect pick-me-up to help beat the heat at work or play. Formerly known as Coffee Coolatta, Frozen Coffee is a delicious frozen beverage with flavors of rich coffee topped with whipped cream. In addition to Frozen Coffee, guests can enjoy Frozen Mocha Coffee with the flavor of delicious mocha, and Frozen Caramel Coffee with the flavor of sweet caramel. Dunkin’ Donuts also serves Coolatta frozen drinks in a variety of favorite flavors, such as Strawberry, Orange, Vanilla Bean, and more.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ Trip Planner
With summer travel season upon us, Dunkin’ Donuts’ Trip Planner
allows travelers to keep running on Dunkin’ by mapping out all of the Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants along their road trip. Simply type in a start and end address and the Trip Planner provides the most direct route in addition to a list of accessible Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants along the way. Select individual restaurants for details such as opening hours and drive-thru availability. Directions can also be sent to a mobile phone for easy access.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com
The survey results contained in this report are from GfK Roper’s weekly telephone omnibus service, OmniTel. Interviewing was conducted from June 8 – 10, 2012. A total of 1,004 interviews with adults aged 18+ were completed. The margin of error for this study is +/-3 percentage points.