Today is National Croissant Day, and we are celebrating with an incredible Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe created by the one and only Rick Golden, Manager of Donut Excellence at Dunkin’ Brands. There is nothing better than celebrating this special occasion with a fun twist on the classic croissant. Be sure to check out the recipe below!
Croissant Bread Pudding
- 10 Dunkin’ Croissants (or even a dozen so you can snack on some while you prepare)
- 1 quart of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raisins (soaked in for 1 hour in ¼ cup of bourbon)
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Dice up the Croissants into cubes and allow them to dry for 24 hours or bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place milk in large bowl, and add the dried Croissants to allow them to absorb all of the milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs then add in sugar, vanilla, allspice, cinnamon and raisins. Pour this mixture over the Croissant and milk mixture, gently stirring it in.
- Use the melted butter to coat a 9x13 pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the liquid has set.
Do you want to learn more about Dunkin’ Croissants? Check out this blog post for 5 fun facts about Croissants that you probably did not know.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin', sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.