Happy National Hot Chocolate Day! Here at Dunkin’, we are giving you even more reason to celebrate today with two fun and festive hot chocolate recipes created by our own culinary experts Olivia Vaughn and Kassi Lugo, Associate Research and Development Technologists. Indulge in an extra chocolatey treat with our Hot Chocolate Cupcake or create a delicious celebratory Hot Chocolate Cocktail.
Hot Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 Box Super Moist Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 1 medium Dunkin’ Hot Chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2 cartons store bought vanilla frosting
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners
- Mix cake mix, hot chocolate, and eggs in a large bowl using hand mixer or whisk until combined
- Pour combined ingredients into 24 cupcake tins using approximately 3 tablespoons per cupcake
- Bake for 14-19 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool
- Add vanilla frosting to piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe 3 rings on top of each cupcake
- Lightly dust with cocoa powder
Hot Chocolate Cocktail
- 2 oz. Irish Cream Liqueur - Salted Caramel
- 6 oz. Dunkin' Hot Chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Caramel drizzle
- Coarse sea salt
- Add Irish Cream Liqueur and Dunkin’ Hot Chocolate to a mug and stir together
- Top your creation with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sea salt
- Enjoy with a Hot Chocolate Cupcake!
Want to take your celebration to the next level? Kick it up a notch by making the Ultimate Hot Chocolate Board.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.