This spring, Dunkin’ welcomed some wildly wonderful new beverages, like our colorful Cosmic COOLATTA® frozen beverages and coffee flavors inspired by Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream, including first-time flavors Banana Split and Pistachio Almond Fudge and returning favorite Butter Pecan. If you are a Dunkin’ flavor fanatic, or a coffee and ice cream lover, then chances are you are familiar with the Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream inspired coffees. To celebrate the season, here at Dunkin’ we are giving you the inside scoop on everyone’s favorite warmer weather ice cream inspired coffee flavors.
Let’s start with some brand history! Did you know that Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins are sister brands? This collab inspired the delicious ice cream inspired coffee line-up, which has become a guest favorite each year since 2013. Check out the below timeline to see the evolution of these flavors.
- 2013: Baskin-Robbins inspired coffee flavor lineup is introduced with Cookie Dough, Jamoca® Almond Fudge and Butter Pecan. To share the news of this exciting new product lineup Dunkin’ created a sampling vehicle styled like an old-fashioned ice cream truck, which made its way throughout the northeast.
- 2014: Dunkin’ brings back the popular ice cream inspired flavor lineup, and the ice cream sampling truck continued to surprise guests at special moments like concerts and sporting events.
- 2015: All the seasonal favorites from the previous two years return with a NEW flavor, Rocky Road. To celebrate this new addition to the lineup, Dunkin’ launched a “Scoop Some Cool Coffee Cash” promotion, where 15 fans around the country were surprised at the counter with $1,000 for their next summer road trip.
- 2016: The spotlight shines brightly on Butter Pecan as the only returning flavor, given its strong following among our guests.
- 2017: Butter Pecan returns as the only Baskin-Robbins inspired iced coffee flavor, and since we heard guests were missing some of the classic flavors, Dunkin launched a social contest asking followers to vote for their favorite BR iced coffee flavor for a chance to have it return to the menu in the summer of 2018. The winners were Butter Pecan, Cookie Dough, and Pistachio.
- 2018: Butter Pecan, Cookie Dough and Pistachio flavors are back by popular demand! Dunkin’ celebrated passionate fans who voted for their favorite ice cream flavors in 2017 by hosting free iced coffee days at a Dunkin’ in their hometowns across the U.S.
- 2019: Butter Pecan returns, along with a fun twist on the past with new Pistachio Almond Fudge and Banana Split coffee flavors. Keep reading to learn more about these new flavors!
New to the menu this year are the Banana Split and Pistachio Almond Fudge Baskin-Robbins inspired coffee flavors. Banana Split tastes like the classic sundae with the flavor of banana, as well as hints of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice creams. Pistachio Almond Fudge brings together several favorite flavors mentioned above, with pistachio, a hint of almond and a chocolatey fudge finish.
We know Dunkin’ fans scream for the return of our delicious Butter Pecan flavored coffee, offering a perfect pairing of indulgent butter roasted pecan and sweet cream flavors. To learn more about this classic Baskin-Robbins inspired coffee flavor, check out this blog post, on the story behind Butter Pecan.
Our Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Inspired Coffees can be enjoyed in Dunkin’s full lineup of hot and iced coffees, espresso drinks, frozen coffee and frozen chocolate. Dunkin’s entire summer menu will be available for a limited time at participating Dunkin’ restaurants nationwide. Stop by your local store to pick one up today!
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin', sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.