The Class of 2020 is celebrating their milestone achievements at home and we at Dunkin’ wanted to make the celebration sweeter with a tutorial for DIY Dunkin’ graduation caps, also known as a mortarboard. Check out the step-by-step instructions below to create your very own!
Dunkin’ Donut Box Mortarboard
- 1 Dunkin’ Dozen Donut Box
- Pair of scissors
- Take the donuts out of the box, we won’t judge how many you eat during this step!
- Cut off the top half of the donut box, this will serve as the top of your cap
- Trim off the siding around the cut-off box top. Trim carefully as you’ll want to save this piece to create a headband.
- Measure the trimmed piece of the box so it fits on the crown of your head. Tape it into the position that feels comfortable.
- Using a ruler, cut the remaining flat part of the top half of the donut box into a square shape.
- Take the square and tape this onto your paper crown.
- You’re all done! Model your new graduation cap and have another donut to celebrate your accomplishment!
Know a grad who could use a coffee break? Send them a sweet surprise with an e-gift card, available at DunkinCoffeeBreak.com. For every card sent, Dunkin’ will donate $1, up to $100,000, to the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation emergency funds, specifically for non-profits helping families affected by COVID-19. For more information about the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation, visit bringjoy.org.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.