Created in response to the COVID-19 crisis, the Dunkin’ Heroes campaign doubles down on our brand mission and underscores Dunkin’ as an essential and supportive part of each community.
This campaign – which has been brought to life across all of Dunkin’s channels, including social, digital, DD Perks, TV, our blog, and more – is meant to thank the heroic people on the frontlines battling this crisis and showcase those simple acts of kindness that are bringing light and hope during this time.
These positive stories come from everywhere – from our Dunkin’ franchisees, who are independent small business owners doing their part to support their local communities, to our restaurant employees, who are finding ways to bring happiness to guests, to the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation, which is providing financial relief to organizations in need, and our guests, who are bringing joy to their families and communities in their own special ways.
A series of videos anchor the campaign and our message:
- The original “Heroes” videos debuted as a quick response to America running differently and featured a sincere note of thanks to the heroes keeping us running.
- “Raise a Cup” continues the theme of thanks that began in the initial “Heroes” spot and showcases many of the acts of kindness by the franchisees and brand that are unfolding across the country.
- “Mask” tells the story of Pennsylvania franchisees Jerry and Sophia Fives and their team members who transformed their Dunkin' restaurant into a sewing workshop after learning a local assisted living facility was in need of face masks.
- “Drone” heroes a resourceful grandfather who found a way to stay connected with his grandkids even while social distancing thanks to a drone and a reliable box of MUNCHKINS® Donut Hole Treats.
On social media and in communications to our DD Perks community, a robust mix of timely, relevant content reinforces that Dunkin’ has your back:
- Highlighting the work that franchisees, Dunkin’, and the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation are doing to keep our heroes and communities running.
- Championing positivity within our communities and good news stories with the “Feel Good Refill” series.
- Reinforcing that the safety of team members and guests are our top priority with posts and video.
And, providing an opportunity to give a hero a well-deserved coffee break:
To connect our community and thank the heroes on the frontlines, we launched “Dunkin’ Coffee Break” in early April to allow consumers to thank a hero in their life with a Dunkin’ e-gift card. For every card sent, Dunkin’ will donate $1, up to $100,000, to the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation emergency funds, specifically for non-profits helping families affected by COVID-19.
To stay up to date on all things Dunkin’, sign up for our email news alerts at news.dunkindonuts.com/alerts.